water level

Hi I want to make a self watering system for my greenhouse and was wondering what would be the best diameter of pipe to use. I would suck the water through the syphon pipe and put the end in the trough which will use capillary matting to water the plants, as per my picture, but would there be any problems with air getting in the syphon pipe as the level of the trough drops?

Ron

Reply to
Rocket Ron

In message , Rocket Ron writes

and then flooding over the top?

Reply to
chris French

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 02:21:24 +0100, chris French mused:

Yep.

Reply to
Lurch

Sorry I forgot to put a ball c*ck valve on the end of the tube in the small trough :-( Ron

Reply to
Rocket Ron

Tony

Reply to