washing machine outlet

Is it possible to extend the outlet pipe of a washing machine, can you get an extension kit for doing this. The sink waste has a spigot to accommodate the outlet but the pipe is on its limit with a bit to spare to reach it. This will work but will make it hard for moving the machine in and out of its position in the future and would just be happier with a bit of play. I would have thought this to be easier and quicker than moving the waste pipe. Any thoughts please.

-- snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk take off your trousers to e-mail me

Reply to
simon beer

We have one, so you can get them*. Probably not recommended though as the machine's pump will not be designed to pump long distance :) If you are a using sink spigot, then you may want a non-return valve as well.

Ours came from Wickes, but presumably most of the sheds will have them.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

accommodate

You could buy a cheap length of plastic plumbing pipe in 22mm and extend the spigot from the sink waste with it. If you can afford a small tub of poly glue with it, then take the spigot off the trap and then glue the pipe to properly. Cut the pipe to length of the edge of the base unit cupboard, then push the machine waste on to it.

Ask a local plumber for about two feet of pipe and little glue, and sling him/her a couple of quids. :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:25:58 -0000, "simon beer" strung together this:

You can, from diy stores I think, but I wouldn't recommend it. It can lead to premature pump failure due to the extra work required by the pump and the tight margins to which the pump is manufactured.

Reply to
Lurch

ok thanks to the both of you. seems as it not my machine and it will work how it is i'll leave it alone!

Reply to
simon beer