washing machine - i made it worse!

hi there! i had a look inside my front loading washing machine to inspect an intermittant tripping mcb problem and carefully removed the motor to vacuum it from carbon dust.to make this easier i laid down the machine on its side.

turns out it was clean but when i replaced it & refitted belt, drum is now making a bad loud friction metalic sound at every revolution at a certain position, even when spinned by hand. machine operates ok except this sound.

what could i have done wrong? thanks

Tracking due to carbon deposits is likely to trip an RCB, if it's tripping a

30A MCB protecting the ring you've got serious problems. Did you mean the RCB?
Reply to
Graham.

yes it was the rings MCB. the one for this ring is a 32A. The RCB did not trip.

Are the problems related to the washing machine or the wiring? thx

Depends, I presume it happens when the machine is plugged in therefore it will be something in the machine intermittently shorting live to neutral. Does it do it at a particular point in the cycle, like when it should be pumping out?

On the other point, did you perhaps over-tension the belt?

Reply to
Graham.

On mine, the location bushes came adrift when it was on it's side and then they didn't line up when I put it back.

Reply to
adder1969

i posted a 3second (256k) video with sound of the mentioned sound.i am spinning the drum by hand here with the belt off.you can hear the sound it made.have no idea what to try now.

the sound is coming from the front (different 3 second 339k video below)

sound seems to be from frction between the front of the drum and the big rubber lip around the door.the drum is not contacting the lip evenly as seen in the video.

also here is a photo of the top springs:

should i lubricate this rubber seal around the door which contacts the drum maybe?

Sounds very much like something's not lined up or positioned properly.

Reply to
adder1969