Vokera Mynute 20SE Boiler - Hot Water?

I have a Mynute 20SE boiler. However I seem to very limited hot water

and what I do get lasts long enough for a bath. It then takes foreve to get more hot water. I was advised this boiler had nothing to d with the hot water system, which I find hard to believe as there are n hot water controls anywhere else in the house that I can see.

Now that summer is here, I have naturally turned my radiators off, bu now I get no hot water at all. I have read that some of these boiler have digital programers, whereas mine doesn't. I simply have 'selector' controls - One with '0' and a 'pipe-like' pictogram (thi selector is located on the left of the front of the boiler), the othe has a 'pipe-like' pictogram and a line that grows thicker as it turn to the right, clockwise.

The pressure guage set to 1.5 is next and then the timer unit wit slideable 'pins' to set varying times for on and off. Nothing seems t dictate Water or Heat or Both.

I am guessing the the second selector (with thickening line) is fo switching from heat to both or to water only. Can anyone confirm this Or offer advice?

Thank you

Mar

-- MIBriant

Reply to
MIBriant

The first selector is the main boiler on/off. The second is the water temperature control, which determines when the boiler thermostat cuts in to avoid overheating water. The timer sounds like a simple one that merely determines when the boiler *may* switch on. There may be external thermostats that determine whether heating is needed.

This is not a combi boiler. It therefore may or may not be used to supply hot water, but it would be a fairly rare installation that is purely for central heating. The boiler will have just one pipe loop inside, but this may be T'd externally to switch between hot water, central heating or both. This is done with a motorised valve, and usually this is not far from the boiler as there is generally a wiring link between them.

Do you have a hot-water cylinder ? Does it have an immersion heater, with a live connection to the mains electricity ? Does it have two pipes connected close to each other at the bottom (the heating loop from the boiler) ? Can you see a motorised valve near the boiler ? Does there seem to be four pipes approaching the boiler, or just two (in addition to the gas supply) ? How, finally, have you "turned your radiators off" ?

Lots of questions, but you haven't supplied a lot of clues.

HTH.

Reply to
lairdy