VCR components

Does anyone know a website where I can search for VCR components by make, model or product number? I'm after a small rubber drive band to fit an old Goldstar VCR. I have actually located the part at the Charles Hyde & Son website www.chsinteractive.co.uk . The part I need is only 1.50 but they charge 4 postage & insurance so I was wondering if there were similar sites I can check out to compare postage costs. Thanks

Don't know of an online supplier but I was able to order a small belt for a car stereo from a local tv/video repair shop. Cost 80p, IIRC. Maybe there's one near you who would be able to get one?
Maplins sell a few belts, thinking about it.
Si
message

to find on eth website! They do claim you can ring up & say "i want a part for this....."

in message

Thanks, there is a Maplins near me so I'll give them a try. I did throw out a couple of old vcr's and took the belts off thinking they would come in handy one day. It's just my luck that one belt is slightly too small and the other too big!

I'd be utterly amazed if any shop kept them in stock. Easier to order via their website.
--
*Modulation in all things *

try www.cpc.co.uk
wrote

Mark wrote:

Send them a stamped addressed evnelope, 1.50, and tell them you don't want insurance. you could also put two peices of card in the envelope.
Steve R -- "Latest gear:- One piece one button suit extremely comfortable, perfect for Relaxation, Sports, Hiking, Swimming, a must have" OOPS sorry you have one!!!

Good idea! I'm going to try a couple of local TV/Video repair shops first but if I get no joy that's what I'll do.
Essjay001 wrote:

If they have the part then http://www.grandata.co.uk/ only charge 1 for P&P up to 2Kg. My favoured supplier, if they stock the item I need.
Otherwise
http://www.elclondon.co.uk/ might be worth a try, although they only charge 1.50 P&P, they have a 5 minimum order (inc P&P). OK if they have anything else you want at the same time...
Plus they are just local enough for me to drive there if I need the part in a hurry :-)
Lee
--
To reply use lee.blaver and NTL world com

Thanks for the links, worth bookmarking for future use.