using a oil boiler and a wood burner back boiler

I am buying a house which has oil fired central heating, it also has a woodburing stove in the lounge, the wood burner has a back boiler on it which isn't connected. Can I connect the back boiler in to the central heating system and maybe use some type of control to select either system?
cheers
Jon
jon ringwood wrote:

of which are connected to the central heating system. The Dunsley Neutraliser is recommended as an interface.
On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:33:05 -0000, jon ringwood wrote:

Provided that control is non-powered and doesn't require manual intervention, *ever*, to ensure that there is flow through the woodburners boiler.
Dig back in this group or google for "dunsley neutraliser" which is the best way of doing this.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

I used a Dunsley Neutraliser for the last ten years, linking a multifuel stove and an oil boiler. Once the setup is balanced, it runs very well and no moving parts. The Neutraliser is just a steel box with tappings. Don't ask me how it works though!
Regards
Pat Macguire
jon ringwood wrote:

Not worth the trouble IMHO.
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

November the oil burner misbehaved, and had to be shut down while waiting for the heating engineer to appear - it took a week to get him here. I was VERY glad that I could use the fireplace in the living room to run the central heating!
Sheila

I have gas available for CH & cooking. Installed a dedicated, and reasonably controllable, woodburner 21 years ago and this supplies all my CH & HW from October to March. Gas bill arrived yesterday - 41 credit.
Annual cost of running the woodburner - about 4 x 1/2 days preparing, transporting and storing logs + 2 chain saws fuel and maintenance + feeding the fire about every 4 hrs (average) + cleaning the fire once every 7/10 days. Maintenance and repairs on the woodburner have been about 68 over the last 21 years. Chimney sweep every 2 years 40 per visit.
IMHO, my woodburner does me proud. The labour involved is beneficial and enjoyable especially on wintery days. Also it trickles heat into the house 24 hours per day, rather than the sudden blasts of heat provided by gas CH. This is much more beneficial to the fabric and contents of the building, again, IMHO.
I have never felled a living tree and nor would I without very good cause. I live in a ****conservation**** area within 3 miles of Heathrow airport, so one might call it urbanised. I have never yet had to pay for wood / logs. Not many folk around here burn wood and it is surprising how many are glad to have it shifted for free.
Nic.