Up a ladder

I have been painting the windows this week (I HATE THAT JOB!) and it got me thinking. What do you lot use for holding paint etc. while up a ladder. I was using the washing line prop, I had it through a convenient rung and hung the paint kettle on the hook end and had my wiping cloth draped over the prop tube sticking out of the other side. Using the prop also had the advantage of me being able to lift the paint up while half way up the ladder, I just got SWMBO to hook it onto the prop and I hauled it up.

John

Reply to
John

I always use a ladder stay, and an old washing up bowl fits nicely into it.

Reply to
stuart noble

"stuart noble"

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Reply to
Huge

Reply to
John

Similar idea here, but I hang the paint kettle off the hook, rest brushes between rung and kettle and put the rest in pockets (except the coffee!)

Reply to
Chris Hodges

A commercially made hook-on work platform, that is designed for the job of holding tools when you are up a ladder. It has a hook on the side for a paint kettle and a fiddle rail all around to stop tools falling off. I also use a smaller hook-on platform on the rung that I will be standing on, which gives me a flat surface to stand on - much more comfortable than standing on the rung for any length of time.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

When I'm painting outside I'll usually be using two brushes in parallel (ie one large, one small) and I use the same method to store the spare brush when not in use - ie, stick the handle into the end of a hollow rung

David

Reply to
Lobster