underground gas pipe

where can I buy some yellow flexible plastic sleeving 60mm dia to ru

from my house to the road, so the gas board can run a new pipe throug to the house? Am in the surrey area

-- tonyb

Reply to
tonyb

In my area they will not allow you to use conduit/sleeving as any gas leak could end up with explosive gas/air mix in the pipe. They prefer it direct buried in the soil.

When I did my gas supply ... I dug the trenches (huge saving on cost) paid for new install, and then they dropped off a length of gas pipe on site for me. I put in same trench along with water & leccy (at appropraite depths) and left it sticking up in the air at meter end. Taped ends to keep clean .. actually temp buried road end so it didn't get damaged. Some months later I called the gas board up and they came and conencted supply ... interesting that they just purged gas to the air (quite a lot of it) while having a ciggarette ! ... I did ask but told it's too low a concentration to ignite. They then fitted a gas c*ck but no seal ... just a simple screw on cap.

I had no meter at that point .... now I could have been naughty, got hold of a meter and made my own connection and had free gas for a few years ! I asked my CORGI man and he said there is loads of that going on as there is no one company involved anymore. One company digs the road for connection - another makes connection and fits stop c*ck, a separte company supplies the meter. Must be costing them a fortune !

Rick

Reply to
Rick

thanks for the tip about no sleeving , I will check (again)if it i needed. much easier if it isn't. your right about several companies doing the work these days! I was told to do one thing by one lot and when the second lot cam around to do the work, they told me they could not fit a new mete because it had to be done differently to the way I had been told

-- tonyb

Reply to
tonyb

Builderes merchant, they will proabaly need to order it. PollyPipe make it. You will get the yeall gas pipe, they actually put the gas inside.

I guess you should check if the gas board will put their pipe inside your pipe, of if you are simple better to install a bit of their pipe.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

thanks Rick,

I had already tried all the builders merchants within30 mile radius an no one stocked the stuff. my Gas board will not allow you to install your own pipe but they wil put pipe into an open trench, if you need to back fill then you have t put sleeving in . thanks anyway as I have now found some

-- tonyb

Reply to
tonyb