Twin-outlet power sockets abroad

For a refurbishment abroad I have been looking at the Gewiss catalogue to see what is available.

It seems that there is no such thing as twin power socket. [*]

Is that really so?

Seems rather odd if all I can do is fit two singles next to each other.

Has anyone had experience in this area?

[*]

I did find one single item

(GW 34 203 German standard - double - 2P+ - 16A - 250V~ For single box to be completed with Young range 4 gang playbus plate)

but that was it.

Reply to
Les Desser

Also try "doppelsteckdose" (i.e. double socket).

Reply to
Ronald Raygun

For Germany? If so, I've seen them; and Google found a few. Eg

or
Or look at the pictures from
*.de(It helped that SWMBO read German and told me to add "2-fach" to the search.)

HTH

Reply to
Robin

In Spain you don't explicitly buy 2 or 3 way sockets "roll your own" bys buying a set of single sockets and a 2-way or 3-way faceplate and box. Then you wire each socket in turn and fit the whole thing in a suitably sized hole in the wall.

Reply to
pete

You might try Alombard, that's the name inside a double socket next to where I'm sitting. French sockets with protruding earth pin.

John

Reply to
JTM

Ja doch! A much better tactic.

Reply to
Robin

Same here in the US; the faceplates have a score/snap line on the reverse side so you can fit them side by side to install multiple ones into a suitable wall recess - ditto for light switches.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Thank you for all the responses - looks like that doubles are available although not listed in the catalogue I was looking at.

The Gewiss catalogue shows the single sockets surrounded by a Meccano like strips round its edge making side by side mounting look impossible.

Reply to
Les Desser