TV Signal Booster in Loft

I need to fit a TV signal booster in the loft. Can I take a fused spur off the lighting ring circuit in order to supply power to it ?

Yes.
Adam
"ARWadsworth" wrote | "john" wrote | > I need to fit a TV signal booster in the loft. Can I take a fused | > spur off the lighting ring circuit in order to supply power to it ? | Yes.
And make sure you take it off the unswitched live terminal otherwise you will not be the first person to find the telly only works when the back bedroom light is on!
Owain

We had a discussion on these lines about 6 weeks ago.
http://tinyurl.com/ozb6
There wasn't a definitive 'no' although it was felt to be an unsatisfactory solution by some.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

These ones:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MX190.html
are the best I've seen. I took eight points off of one, in a small nursing home, and the signal didn't drop to any of them. A great little piece of kit.
The connections were:
Amplifier unit is fitted on 36 inches of coaxial to the antenna and then fixed on the mast keeping the cable quite straight.
From the amplifier unit to a diplex box, with eight connection points, with a further 5 yards of coaxial cable to take it inside the loft area.
The power supply was connected on the end of one of the coaxial cables on the ground floor level and it really seems to working very well indeed, although I say it myself (you're allowed to blow your own trumpet once in a while), and it has stopped all the flickering and ghosting of the pictures on all the TV's connected to it.
So I can personally endores this little item. It does what it says on the tin and not all that expensive for the job it does.
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

You could use a 2 amp 3 pin plug and socket also.
--
*"I am " is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. *

Dave Plowman wrote:

Or a 5A one.