Trend website

Hi al. Whats the url of Trend tools? I've seen a router table plate on amazon and I want to get some info on it.

Thanks. Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 07:10:41 -0700, Arthur 51 mused:

Reply to
Lurch

Good idea. I think I might try that with an internet connection to make it easier.

Reply to
Arthur 51

Are these fixing plates a good place to start to build a router table?

about the long url.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

I always start most projects in my workshop!

John

Reply to
John

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

Reasonable if you are going to dedicate a router to the table or don't mind the time to take it on and off. You will also need a way to adjust the router up and down. The ordinary plunge mechanism on its own is workable but awkward for this because the springs are quite powerful and trying to push from below is not easy. Trend used to make a fine adjuster and plunge bar which could be fitted to any of the Elu design routers (Trend, DW, CMT) and make this much easier. I think it's discontinued now though. The other approach is to have a table insert with up/down adjust using (typically) a handle. It's really a trade off between cost, time and convenience.

Reply to
Andy Hall

What is to stop you mounting a 4 x 2 on an old tabletop and fixing the rods of a router through that?

It seems a far more sensible approach to the problem than mounting the thing under a table where adjusting the bloody thing requires a lot of crouching, stretching and neck craning.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

The Trend fine height adjuster is still current. I have two, one is on the cheap Power Devil job that continues to do sterling work in my table and the other is kept for those occasional times I sacrifice plungability for accuracy on the T5. The one on the table works quite well, yes you have to reach under the table but I have long arms and the top is easy to feel for.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

> Sorry

Cheaper probably to buy an el cheapo router table. The up/down adjustment is crucial as Andy said. I solved this by using a block of wood, a bolt & a wing nut.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

> Sorry

That is where the Freud FT2000 works nicely in a table (or that odd shaped Triton router), since it has a big built in fine height adjuster that is easy to reach from under a table.

Reply to
John Rumm

.. and both are genuinely powerful as opposed to spec. powerful with laser guide.

Reply to
Andy Hall