Tommys eco houses

Just watched a couple of these on the box. Seems like cheap TV, filmed in the USA, Tommy doing the presenting from the UK.

I've never been a great fan of tree huggers, but this made me laugh out loud in places.

First show about a woman who 'lead an environmental research team' at a University. Covered the entire roof with solar panels which would save $2400 per year. Renovation cost £320,000.

Granted the renovation included a lot of extending, but that budget could have been reduced dramatically. She insisted that everything be re used - windows, timber etc, therefore whacking up the labour cost no end.

Second one was a complete hoot. Seven bedroom, seven bathroom bloody mansion. All the walls were painted with a 'graphite undercoat' to reduce 'electromagnetic radiation' or something. They had a married couple who were 'environmental consultants' who arranged for the measurement of said radiation. He was obviously a poof.

I'm in the wrong game. I could fleece the punters no end if I read up on the environmental cobblers a bit.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You could try being a poof as well.

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

"The Medway Hansen" ?

Reply to
geoff

My husband wouldn't like it...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Not even for the money?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Na, made his eyes water last time!

Reply to
John Rumm

Watch it Andy, he'll hit you with his handbag.

8-(

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Hall saying something like:

Bugger that!

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon