Time for DIY

I am really struggling to find time to get all my jobs done at the moment.

Where does everybody find the time to do their DIY?

Regards

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Barnes

Hahahahahaha

We started our kitchen in December '04, and we only finished sealing between worktop and tiles in July - and that was only because we had to get the place on the market.

We started the bathroom in winter '03, and we finished that in July this year too. It's easy to make time to get things servicable - because you need them - but the finishing touches like boxing in pipes take forever.

Ben

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf

You borrow it from the time that you will save when all your labour-saving devices save you time. I'm hoping I can pay back the time when I retire ...

Reply to
John Cartmell

I win - extension built 1988, plastering still needs completing. Rewire approx 8 years ago, some chases still need plastering.

I suck at DIY, I really do.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Colin,

That makes me feel a whole lot better! Kitchen plinths not fixed 15 months after new kitchen installed :-)

Simon

Reply to
Simon

When I've finished posting to this NG........

Reply to
Newshound

Aldis are selling 2 hours of DIY for £4.99 in their forthcoming promotion on

26th October.

I bought 2 hours of tile removal from them last March but wasn't very impressed with it so I swapped it for 30 minutes of welding. I must say that the welding was a bit pidgeon sh*t but then again it was a windy day. I am seriously considering getting 2 hours worth of "New roof with loft conversion" in a few weeks though!!!

*Allegedly*

ETV

Reply to
Eric The Viking

Piles playing up, are they?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I fitted some skirting about 15 _years_ ago and haven't yet got around to painting (or even priming) it.

:-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

It's a case of either having the time or having the money, but very rarely both! :-)

Reply to
Mr Fizzion

Seeing the c*ck up so-called trades people make half the time and the difficulty finding them anyway, tends to be sufficient inspiration to "make" time. Does tend to take over the life somewhat though!

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Got to agree. I'm in that situation. Everything works, but the niceties get left in lieu of other 'getting things working'.

I now have a live in nagger though, so those "little jobs" are getting sorted one by one ..

Paul.

Reply to
zymurgy