tiles & wallpaper

Is it ok to tile over the wallpaper in my kitchen? The wallpaper is smooth and has a coat of eggshell paint.

Thanks

Reply to
neil leslie

The tiles will then be effectively help on by wallpaper paste! But i think if your paper is completely sound with no air pockets or tears you should be ok. The ideal solution is to strip the paper then pva the plaster board / plaster etc before starting to tile but it is a lot of extra work.

Gerry

Reply to
gerry mcallister

An when condensation/water runs between the tiles and softens the wallpaper adhesive your tiles come off. Voice of experience from student days.

Two types of failure occured behind our sink, wallpaper coming away from wall and tile and adhesive coming away from paint. Also all went black and mouldy.

Reply to
Ian Middleton