Tile Cement

After removing lashings of tiles from the kitchen I'm left with lots of tile cement left on what's left of the original plaster skim. Is there a way to remove the tile cement whilst preserving the skim?

Graham

Reply to
Graham Dean

You can try a belt sander. You'll be very lucky to preserve the skim.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Wallpaper steam stripper, works every time and preserves the skim.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

I'll give it a try!

Cheers, Graham

Reply to
Graham Dean

But then, I've used steam specifically to remove skim before!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

When I did this once, removing wallpaper, it removed the skim in places as well. Anyway ended "doing a propper job" and removing the old skim, which wasn't well attached (no PVA) and getting the wall re-skimmed.

Reply to
Ian_m

Could be interesting then.... I'm getting it re-skimmed so if poor skim comes off in the process then so be it!

Grahm

Reply to
Graham Dean

Not really, no.