Corroded copper connections

Upon lifting the floorboards in my house recently, a hugh amount of th

solder joints on the flow and return CH pipes have turned green an have what appears to be crystalline deposits all over them.

I know copper naturally turns green when expose to the elements, but a these pipes are not leaking when installed, what would be causing thi problem

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy

Not cleaning off the flux. The plumber was lazy or incompetent.

Mr F.

Reply to
Mr Fizzion

Flux on the joints, inadequately cleaned (or not at all) on installation.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Or had left his card.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

What's lazy or incompetant about that? Does it make any difference to the integrity of the joint?

Dave

Reply to
david lang

In time, especially in damp conditions, with some fluxes, it can eat through the pipe, and cause pinhole leaks.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Flux is corrosive, it attacks the pipes.

Reply to
Rob Morley