Thin render - one or two coats?

Hi, I have an extension built of thermalite blocks butting up to my original house. The original part has a thin render coat, approximately 1-2 cm thick. Should I render the extension with a scratch and top coat or one single coat? Any other tips gratefully received. Thank you

Reply to
nafuk

Sounds like two coats would be easier. Use the scratch to try to leave an even thickness for the finish coat. It does depend a bit on what sort of finish you are after. If you just want rough cast[1] then you could texture a single scratch coat and be done with it.

[1] note there seems to be a huge regional variation in what people think of as rough cast.
Reply to
John Rumm