The next challenge

Could this be my next challenge? STWNFI is keen to go view it!

Muddymike

the 'no mains supply;' is a bit of a bugger.

Might cost 50 grand to get electricity in.

Broadband also..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Approx 4MB broadband :-(

Reply to
Toby

I was going to ask what that 'stunning location' is like in the depths of winter. However, remembering some of your previous posts I will just ask how many miles it is to the nearest snowplough route!

Reply to
Tahiri

Calor gas running one of the new Baxi Ecogas boilers with the anti-islanding function disabled. Or use the waste heat from a diesel set to heat the house.

3G? Oops. Slow to no coverage.
Reply to
John Williamson

If you can. Looking at an online OS map the place is in the middle of a bit of Forestry Commision land but isn't FC itself. But don't worry a few square meters of PV paneling will solve the power problem. B-)

4MB of broadband (it has a phone line but no other mains services?) is not that bad.

It also has a public right of way footpath running right past it.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Fasten a blade onto the Land Rover. The trees will guide you along the roadway, which looks like a hardcore surface I could get a truck along in reasonable weather.

If I could afford it, I'd be in like a shot. I need to buy a winning lottery ticket...

Reply to
John Williamson

The TV aerial indicates some form of civilised living.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

that's not a TV aerial, That's 'chav sign'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's worth a glance at the EPC. That is the worst EPC I have ever seen. :)

Reply to
GB

From two different transmitters :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In article , Muddymike writes

her want to keep you so busy :-?

Reply to
fred

Not as bad as this one

there's more scope for improvement than Muddymike's but I've never seen a 4 before.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

This one is difficult, usually I put entries like STWNFI with acronym after it in search engine but this time it came up with nothing known.

Reply to
F Murtz

Emley and Bilsdale. Also a 19E dish of great antiquity.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Facing north with views all round and in Yorkshire. No electricity. I suggest a trip to Finland to see how they cope with their winters. -40degrees Centigrade in winter even more up to the northern part. Treble glazing all round. I will stay down south 'cos I'm a southern softie or maybe spent too long in the Middle East

Robbie .

Reply to
Roberts

Hey, that's not fair. At least tell us what the property is like.

Reply to
Andrew May

My apologies: I assumed the number would link to the property.

I ought to warn you: this is probably not what you are expecting...

Nick Odell

It's quite romantic.

Reply to
GB