The most dangerous item in your tool box?

The most dangerous item in your tool box?

My son pointed out the alleged lethality of my tap and die set.

I am afraid that this passes for humour in our family.

Reply to
GB

On Tuesday 11 February 2014 15:34 GB wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Why? Did he end up in A&E with a die attached to something embarassing?

Reply to
Tim Watts

In message , GB writes

Not in it, but possibly the person attached to it ?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Lets hope it passes quickly :-)

According to No 1 daughter, LAS attend more ladder accidents than all other DIY accidents put together.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Umm...

I was carted off with multiple broken ribs, collar and shoulder bones. The hospital tick box said *fall from ladder*. I told them I had fallen through a fire damaged asbestos cement roof. The evidence was trickling out of my clothing.

There may be an element of keeping things simple. I guess the last thing an acute ward need is a flock of H&S inspectors asking awkward questions.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

You see, you just have to tap the tap and die set, and then you .... Never mind, the weather's quite changeable, even for the time of year, isn't it?

Reply to
GB

Perhaps there was no box on the form for fall through fragile roof.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

There's no box for injuries sustained while sleepwalking.

Reply to
Clive George

If you ask them why, they would probably answer that nobody has ever recorded any on the form. ;-)

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

In message , Tim Lamb writes

Well, yes there is always an element of fitting things into the ticks boxes with these sort of things.

But it wouldn't surprise me.

If you fall off a ladder, there is a good chance you will end up with a significant injury requiring hospital attendance, and quite likely an ambulance.

Lots of other DIY injuries, probably don't require hospital attendance, or people take themselves there

Reply to
chris French

In message , Tim Lamb writes

I suspect they didn't have a tick box for that and falling off ladder was about the nearest they could find. You probably triggered off a whole new focus group to debate whether such a box should be added.

Reply to
bert