That water meter thing again.

I've had one in since Oct 2006 and have reduced the bill from 25GBP to 9GBP with variations of slightly higher pricing but never goes over 10GBP.

My query is how can they say on the normal bill(unmetered) that the payment is for... usage,and waste water,sewerage ect,yet a metered bill is for just what you use in the building? ie no addons.

Reply to
George

Sorry thats a monthly payment of 9GBP.

Reply to
George

I wish that were true in the area served by my water company The bill separately itemises;- metered Water _IN_; calculated Sewage Water _OUT_ plus calculated surface water drainage.

The sewage water is calculated as approx 95% of the water_IN_ ( 'They' must thing that we trog off to a public toilet to excrete the odd 5%! ... and/or perspire! )

Incidentally the charge per tonne is higher to haul away then deliver potable water _IN_.

IN plus OUT is about £2 per tonne; bottled water ,from supermarkets is .... _?_

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

You pay so much for water supplied.

An estimated percentage of that ( here it's 92% ) as returned waste water, usually charged at a higher charge per cubic meter, plus a small lump sum for surface water.

You can usually stop paying that if you can establish that your surface water goes into a soak-away.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Geez, You live on your own with a water allergy or something !!! JUst drinking water costs that much !!

Reply to
Kaiser Sose