temperature valves on all taps

Following up to Will Dean

the valve might well do a better job than, say, a drunken parent or a forgetful elderly person. You seem to have the ability to drive me from being annoyed with the woman into supporting her, she should give you a job. It would be official policy for all three parties within a week.

Reply to
The Reid

Following up to Will Dean

what have I said that was PC?

Reply to
The Reid

The application of logic that went into that posting almost reaches Dribble's standards.

Using proper separate taps, with outlets the size of the inlets. Hot tap hot water at 60 deg C Cold tap cold water at 5 deg C Mix to give at any suitable temperature such as say 40 deg C to wash Drain Fill with water at sub 40 deg C to rinse Drain

Using mixer tap at temperature between 5 deg C and say Fill with water at 40 deg C Drain Fill with water at sub 40 deg c to rinse Drain

The usage of water and the energy used is exactly the same in both cases. The key difference is the proper taps without crappy aerators and thermostatic limiting will fill the bowl/sink/bath quicker and give you proper 60 deg C hot water or proper near ice cold water when you need it.

So I say stuff the nanny state, thermostatic taps are yet another bloody stupid foreign idea - about as useful as a fart in a spacesuit or a combi in a typical household.

Of course up in Yorkshire we'd just wash with 5 deg C water.

Reply to
Matt

Of course, you don't actually know whether or not I'm already working for her...

I doubt that the lot of a young child with drunk parents is going to be much improved by compulsory nanny valves - but then I'm unfashionable enough to wonder if *her* child is getting the attention it deserves from its own mother, given the demands of her job and the distance away from home she has to do most of it.

Perhaps she has an Eastern European au pair who's not sure about the words 'hot' and 'cold'?

I am enjoying this, please don't let it stop here.

Cheers,

Will

Reply to
Will Dean

I quite agree - it's an entirely harmless and innocent (in the non-legal sense) picture. But I was inviting speculation about its legality, which might be a completely different thing.

Will

Reply to
Will Dean

Matt wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

How poshe! Darn Sarf we'd use 40 deg F, if there was any water to be had.

mike

Reply to
mike

The Reid wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

She's prolly rather big on scolding people, being a female MP (of whichever objectionable hue)

mike

Reply to
mike

Following up to Will Dean

that's true, you may get a bonus.

not being scalded isn't an improvement?

perhaps the father is looking after it?

that wouldn't be a problem, you put your hand under the running tap, it works in all languages.

Reply to
The Reid

Following up to mike

nah, its Tory MPs from public schools that are into "scolding".

Arent spellchecks a wonderful thing?

Reply to
The Reid

Following up to Guy King

Well, I'm an amateur photographer and I wouldn't go near a naked child with a camera and if I did I wouldn't send them to Boots for prints, perhaps I'm paranoid? Or is it everybody else?

Reply to
The Reid

The message from The Reid contains these words:

I've had pics of our kids naked on the beach printed by

quite happily.

Reply to
Guy King

That certainly wasn't what happened with the little in-line ball isolating valves, which were quite expensive before there started to be a dozen in every new house.

Will

Reply to
Will Dean

We scold our children quite often.

Reply to
Bob Eager

The message from Owain contains these words:

Some thermostatic showers have an over-ride button.

Reply to
Guy King

Either you're being obtuse or I didn't explain clearly. Despite the glaring improbability of the latter I'll give you the benefit of the doubt :-). What I meant was that you could wash your hands under a spray of warm water without filling the basin, using far less water and energy doing so.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Another idiotic brainwashed Tory sycophant. 600 people a year are seriously scaled, and some dies by jumping in baths with scalding water. These valves can be bought for about £35 and fitted on the cylinder. They should be implemented ASAP.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote in message news:442a6859$0$20103$ snipped-for-privacy@reader.greatnowhere.com...

Yep. ACV make a tank-in-tank that stores water at 65C and they supply a TMV valve to drop the temp to what the customer wants (40-50C). TMVs are not user adjustable having locking caps.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The best way to have a bath is get in when its half full, or even less, and keep the tap running. This is where low flowrate combis score well.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes, hot should be stored at 60 degC, circulated to achieve 50 degC within 1 minute of turning on any hot tap, where there is a secondary DHWS circulation system. Hence the requirement to fit mixers at every point of use, rather than a whole-house mixer at the storage cylinder.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

600 people a year with 3rd degree burns is very wasteful indeed.
Reply to
Doctor Drivel