Talking about the bizarre and useless

... this has been around for six years. Has anyone seen it?

Mary Fisher

to be viewed on a laptop, obviously? Nil points...

Reply to
Anne Welsh Jackson

It is perfectly viewable on my laptop. Must be something else... probably what software is installed (or not).

Reply to
Rod

I can see it on my laptop, too. What a waste of time, energy and materials.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Unfortunately many things are a waste of energy and materials - but if it suite the politicians to impose a green tax then all will be well.

Top of my list for "waste of energy and materials" are:

  • Cheap batteries from the Far East - they consume travel costs, materials our land-fill sites and are of little use.
  • Nasty Xmas decorations and gimmicks from the Far East which we don't really need, - again they fill our bins and landfill sites having only given pleasure to the importing agents (£££££) and the person who bought it (for about 5 minutes)
  • Patio Heaters and 500watt PIR Flodlights that the owners cannot be arsed to set up properly and stay on for ages - whilst the householder avails himself of free CFLs.
Reply to
John

half the time with floodlights you get a blip on the mains and the dammed things stay on, as it thinks you have switched it off the on for the override

Reply to
Kevin

Speaks volumes for the product. Heavy scripting bug probably. (Not interested in researching IE variables enough to find out.)

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Reply to
Andy Dingley