switched rcd spur?

Has anyone ever seen one of the above? I can find switched spurs and rcd spurs but not a switched, rcd spur?

Thanks.

Reply to
nospam

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:28:48 GMT someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@nospam.org wrote this:-

The RCD acts as a switch, just as an RCD does in a consumer unit.

If you want a double-pole switch you would need to check that the RCD is double-pole, though the only single-pole RCDs I recall were fitted to plugs decades ago.

I suppose the worst case is fitting a double-pole switch in a suitable position.

Reply to
David Hansen

Although not particularly relevant to the present subject, most RCBO devices only provide single-pole switching.

Reply to
Andy Wade

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:28:48 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.org mused:

Nope. Had a look today and can't find any.

Think you'll have to use a seperate switch and RCD in some combination.

Reply to
Lurch