Suction puller tool

There is a tool called an iSclack:

This is a proprietary tool designed for opening specific models of iPhones.

That's all very well, but I wonder if there's a more generic suction tool for pulling apart two surfaces, and if so what it might be called? The iSclack has the suction cups in fixed positions with no adjustability, and has an awkward iPhone holder that's likely to get in the way. If the surface is fragile there is no way to calibrate the amount of force applied.

I've seen suction cups for glazing and as bodywork dent pullers, which only provide suction on one surface. Is a tool out there for separating surfaces by suction, and if so where should I look?

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

When I replaced the glass front of my sons Apple iMac I used the sink plunger I keep in the bathroom. The glass was held my magnets.

For a phone, perhaps the sucker from a sat-nav or similar would do it?

Reply to
Graham.

Many of the phone repair toolkits just have smallish sucker (say 1"), with a keyring through the nub on the back of it - enough to put your finger in the loop and pull.

Reply to
John Rumm