Stupid pointless CFLs

I've actually had one running for 2 years solid. Before it died you could just about see it.

Reply to
brass monkey

CFLs are fine. I rarely go up there, so the effort of fitting proper fluorescents would be wasted.

Reply to
Huge

Does.Not.Compute

I rarely go up into my loft but when I do I want to see clearly there!

(Pre-loved proper fluoro for that. Appropriately rated CFLs - up to 20W, not the piddly little things they give away - most elsewhere.)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Loft is ideal for cfls that are no earthly use anywhere else. Just plug several in.

NT

Reply to
meow2222