Storing office furniture outside

My shed project is running behind schedule. I've got a 4 drawer filing cabinet and a storage cupboard (72"x36"x18" ) in someone's office that they want out.

The only place I've got at the moment is outside in the garden.

How best to keep the elements off unti I get a round toit.

Reply to
AnthonyL

In article , AnthonyL scribeth thus

Wrap it in builders polythene ...

and keep it off the safe 'n sound...

Reply to
tony sayer

AnthonyL brought next idea :

Don't do what I did, put them on grass, raised up from the ground, but covered over against the weather. Moisture will continually rise from the soil, condense and wet the furniture. Store on an impervious surface, raised off the ground and covered.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Thanks - I might just have done the same.

Reply to
AnthonyL

+1 - but its still a terrible way to store metal, and even worse for upholstery. Get your tuit promptly.

Oh, ensure your cover sheet is bigger all round than the base sheet, or rain lands on the latter and runs to the furniture, where its trapped under it.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I used an old tent (with groundsheet) for this purpose. It worked well.

Reply to
Mark