sticking glass panel to oven door

My son has just moved rented house and the new one has a decent NEF oven in need of a good clean inside. Whilst cleaning the glass panel which is set in the middle of the inner door face it came unstuck. As far as I could see it was simply stuck in place. My first thought was to re-stick it using an epoxy resin but I have not found anything that looks as though it would be OK up to the sort of temperatures that you can expect on the inside of an oven, I.i.e.. around 250 degrees Centrigade.

Any advice on what will do this job please.

Ian

Reply to
Ian McFarlane

High temperature silicone:

Reply to
Grunff

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 12:07:42 +0100, Grunff strung together this:

That's what I was going to suggest, I've used it myself before.

Reply to
Lurch

Yes, I have too, and it's good stuff. I've even used it to patch an exhaust!

Reply to
Grunff

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 16:55:57 +0100, Grunff strung together this:

That was too expensive for me! I used normal silicone, then wrapped it in tin foil and copper wire, it worked!

Reply to
Lurch

Would it work as a gasket between cast iron manifold and stainless steel downpipe? I have an aftermarket exhaust on the old Rover, and one of the manifold to downpipe joints is just a little to far out for the standard gasket, although it plus some firegum sort of works.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My work collegue had the same issue last week, if you goto a household applicance spares shop, you will get just the right stuff for about 12 quid. You can also buy it on-line seach for "oven door glue"

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Thanks guys, I hadn't spotted that.

Ian

Reply to
Ian McFarlane

I would've thought so. The repair I made was in the first box, just after the downpipe. It has held for about 18 months so far. The stuff is rated at 300C continuous.

Incidentally, normal silicone is also pretty good, it can take about

200-220C continuous.
Reply to
Grunff

...but it's recommended not to use silicone sealant in cars with a catalytic converter, even in such things as the cam cover.

Reply to
adder

Why?

Reply to