Source of Roll Vent or similar ridge ventilation needed

The application is for the roof of a garden building which I am roofing in cedar shakes.

The roof is a fairly low slope (18 degrees) and the shakes are being fitted using the method at

use of felt and stand off spacers allow a good flow of air underneath the shakes.

For the ridge, I am cutting and joining two pieces of cedar the full length of the building to form a cap, angled to slope of the shakes (approx. 150 degrees).

In order to achieve a good ventilation effect through the ridge area, I want to space the cap off from the shakes with some form of vent.

The conventional way that this is done in the U.S. appears to be by the use of a special flexible matting ventilator

to say, I can't find a UK supplier.

Has anybody ever seen anything like these?

Another option might be to use some form of more solid ventilator, but I haven't seen anything suitable as yet. There are soffit vents of various types, but the only ridge ones that I've found are solid and shaped to support rounded clay ridge tiles.

TIA

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to