Small Bandsaw

I am looking for a small bench top or free standing bandsaw, it will mainly be used for cutting bone for jewellery making. It will not be subject to heavy or prolonged use. Can anyone recomend a make and or model that may be suitable? Thanks John

Reply to
johno

I got a sceppach basato 1 a while ago - size is inbetween the smallest freestanding and the really tiny tabletop ones. I have seen these in Machine Mart, but for way more money than I paid at a woodworking show. They do a pretty good range of blades.

Some info here :

Mike Harrison

If the depth of cut is under 25 - 30mm a scroll saw or fretsaw ,ight be a better option.

david lang

Thanks for the information, the small Scheppach looks fine, I had considered a scroll saw, but the bones in their "raw" state can be fairly substantial! Cheers John

Reply to
johno