sink waste washing machine adaptor

Has anyone had any experiences of washing machine adaptors for kitchen sinks? Seems like a bad idea to me! I feel sure I nshould fit a completely seperate washing machine waste stand pipe. Any comments appreciated. Bern

Reply to
Ben Da Menda

I have a stand pipe waste for my washer and a sink trap adaptor for my dishwasher. It all works fine even when both machines are used at the same time.

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D

My personal preference is to fit a dedicated stand pipe, even if it ultimately enteres the same outflow pipe as the sink etc. However I have used the adaptors in the past and can report that as long as you fit them after the sink trap they seem to work ok. (my mum had one that fitted into the sink trap once - but above the water trap. The result was lots of noise from the plug hole every time the machine emptied!)

Reply to
John Rumm

I have one (fitted by previous owner) - it occasionally backs up into the sink a bit if the trap is getting clogged with greasy crap, but that's just a reminder to take it out and give it a scrub. I suppose if the blockage suddenly got bad then it could overflow, but I don't think that's very likely.

Reply to
Rob Morley