Shower Pump soundproofing

'Would be interested to hear from anyone who has had success with effectively soundproofing a shower pump .... what materials were used

- necessary to box in etc.

Thanks for any help

Reply to
andy

A friend of mine installed his pump on a shelf in the airing cupboard in his bedroom, the pump in a plywood box lined with polystrene. I think the box rested on couple layers of carpet on the shelf. Still audible but a lot quieter than was originally fitted.

My shower pump on the airing cupboard floor is rested on a stack of carpet off off cuts (lightly no-nailed together) and I also lined the wall that the pump could potentially touch with more carpet (again no-nailed).

Reply to
Ian Middleton

In message , Ian Middleton writes

If it's enclosed, isn't there a risk with it overheating?

Reply to
NoSpamThanks

I think he put vent holes in the box, but this was 8 years ago and he has never mentioned it failing.

Reply to
Ian Middleton