Shower mixer doesn't shut off bath flow completely

Hi, hope you can help.
I have pretty standard bath taps with a mixer switch for diverting the water flow through solely to the shower. It's possible to direct water towards either the taps or the shower, but a significant stream still flows through the other.
Is there an easy DIY remedy to this?
Thanks in advance.
Andy

stream
Take it apart, find out what's wrong and fix it ;-)
-- John Stumbles -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-|-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ -+ If a job's worth doing, it'll still be worth doing tomorrow.
Moi wrote:

Yes, unscrew the divertor gadget and relace O-rings and/or washers in there. If you live in a hard water area this may not be easy... My neighbour couldn't get his back in due to scale so hit it with a hammer! he bent the spindle and then got me to change the whole tap assembly ... not cheap.
Thanks Bill, will give it a go.

there.
hammer!
not