Shower head busted off with water pressure!

Check this out. I came home today and turned the shower on. Obviously sometime during the day the local water supply had been cut off because the water splurted out with air. It came out with such force the bloody shower head flew off cracking the retaining nut (okay, it's plastic, but still). Also the water pressure is much higher than normal, it's flying out like a fire hose! Wish the buggers would at least drop a letter in telling you work is being done - and it's not the first time!

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Similarly (but not quite as extreme!) we came back off holiday a couple of months ago and I noticed that the water pressure from the taps was much higher than when we had lef. Obviously they had cranked it up whilst we had been away. The next day we noticed that a drip-drip-drip could be heard in the kitchen, and I pulled out the washing machine to find a pool of water all over the floor and water dripping from the cold feed to the machine! Luckily no damage, but it could have been worse!

Cheers, Ben.

Reply to
Ben Willcox

I have an electricity sub station at the end of my road & our voltage is regularly 250 volts+. We get through light bulbs & small appliances like there is no tomorrow.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

I'm just wondering whether it's worth complaining to Lee Valley water and make the buggers pays for a new one. Probably a lost cause.

Reply to
daddyfreddy