Security Cameras

They produce cracking pictures far better than your =A330 or even =A3100= "webcam". They have proper interchangeable lenses, so you can select the field of view you want and for outside use the real iris is almost essential to deal with the tremendous variation in light levels. I think they have just a "low light" version as well.

There are other makers of network cameras about though, which may be cheaper.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

But also see the latest guidance note, which relaxes the requirments in some cases.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I've used Axis cameras too. Easy to setup & use.

See one in action at

I'd like to say that all I did was setup the camera & wireless Ethernet link to get it going, not the website..

Gordon Ps. This is an indoor camera and it's survived the winter so-far under the tarpaulin roof...

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

There are also webcam servers - these contain not only the camera but also a complete web server (hence no need ofr a computer at all) so that all you need to get them working is a broadband internet conection to hook them up to.

For example:

John Rumm

With NeXT Step glued on top ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Or Die Hard - BSD 9.2 :-O

Reply to
Parish

A sad indictment of todays society or what?

Parish (who yearns for the good old days)

Reply to
Parish

I'll pass on offering advice on installation, however the thought that strikes me might be worth thinking about!

I would guess that there could be a possibility that the scum who like to break into homes might find the idea of a house with obvious increased security to be more interesting - after all you probably wouldn't be going to those extra lengths unless there was something inside worth protecting.

Thus adding this additional security might make you more of a target. Those security cameras aren't going to be worth much if Joe Scum breaks in wearing a false nose and glasses with a Santa Claus wig around his chin.

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If you need to contact me please submit your comments via the web form at

apologise for the additional effort, however the level of unsolicited email I receive makes it impossible to advertise my real email address!

Reply to
PoP

[T] Or, you could suffer the same fate as our local Dorothy Perkins where they stole the nice new (and expensive) CCTV camera and dome off the outside wall?

All the best ..

T i m

Covert camera with motion detection software linked to a poison dart gun with a poison that gives either:

1) Makes them go bright green for 6 weeks 2) Makes them very very ill for 6 weeks

See, even the victims can all have 'a lauf' (oh, after you have armed it get drunk .. instant excuse !)

Reply to
T i m