secondary Glazing

Have double glazing fitted but would like to know wear I can get Diy secondary glazing for my windows for extra noise damping and heat savings but can't find any info Thanks

Reply to
keith

If the secondary glazing panels are large and of the lift-off type they are a bugger to remove for cleaning due to the weight. I have used the clear acrylic sheet type; they are lighter but easily scratched.

Reply to
Wise Owl

B&Q?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

But they won't work as well for sound insulation.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We used those for a time but couldn't get a good enough seal to prevent dirt and tiny (very tiny) insects getting into the void.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

|> If the secondary glazing panels are large and of the lift-off type they |> are a bugger to remove for cleaning due to the weight. I have used the |> clear acrylic sheet type; they are lighter but easily scratched. | |We used those for a time but couldn't get a good enough seal to prevent dirt |and tiny (very tiny) insects getting into the void.

Same here, we could not even get rid of the draughts. They are gone now replaced by sealed units with rubber seals to prevent draughts.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop