SDS Drill - update

Thanks,everyone, for the advice. In the end, I noticed a decent deal for Hitachi at B&Q this weekend, and I bought that. It seems really solid, and I expect that I will pass it on to my kids as an heirloom.

GB

Just remember not to pass this on as a trendy hairdryer.

Graham.

I was helping an elderly friend out the other day and she still has all her husbands workshop and other tools (including a Drummond type M longbed lathe). She says none of her kids want any of it and they would probably all get skipped when she dies. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I hope it is better than the 18volt Hitachi one I had, that had so little torque that it couldnt do 20mm drills through concrete as the clutch kept cutting in.

Reply to
A.Lee

I've got one of those and it seems fine. Maybe you got a duff one?

Reply to
David Lang

Never quite happy when B&Q do a good deal on a 'decent' brand. Wonder how they've managed to buy them at such a cheap price. Can't see B&Q using it as a loss leader.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Actually, 24v when checked, this one:

One of the reviews said the same - clutch constantly cutting in. So bad that 6mm holes were not being drilled without the clutch cutting in - thats the day it went back. Swapped for a 36v Bosch, which is great.

Reply to
A.Lee

Most stores work on around 100% mark-up, on average. More if it's a fashion store, and less on big ticket items. I'm not sure what the %age is normally on these drills, but there may well be enough for B&Q just to absorb the reduction.

Reply to
GB

And you had to cough up quite a bit extra for that I guess.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I really like mine, I don't use my mains Makita much any more.

Reply to
David Lang

£50 more:
A.Lee

To die for

Reply to
Stuart Noble

The Bosch is what the Sky installers & I use. A very good drill though not so good at tightening up the 13mm bolts in the wall bracketry. Quick rechar ge and light

Reply to
sintv

En el artículo , Graham. escribió:

Ahhh, PPPoo. Reminds me of DIMM. What became of him?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Not just me who thinks that, then! Can't remember when I last used my pensioner card.

Reply to
newshound

Sometimes if you check them out you'll find the "discounted" model, is one of a range which vary in power and features. Maybe for various reasons one particular model sells less well than the others, maybe its features have been equalled by a new model from a competitor at a lower price. If any of them were were really dogs you'd imagine this would come out in the reviews; even if only

10% of these are really worth paying any real attention to.

michael adams

michael adams