Scap value of old radiators

Do old single and double panel radiators have any significant scrap value?

I wouldn't have thought so, but then you hear of people stealing manhole covers for the scrap value so perhaps there is?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Don't believe so - best left outside in the street with a 'help yourself' sign I think.

Reply to
Lobster

The web says heavy covers are worth about a tenner. Harldy worth the trouble unless you're jobless.

"Officers characterise the culprits as =93local low life=94 rather than organised criminals, but councils suspect that some of the metal may be shipped overseas for sale. A gully lid weighs up to 80kg (176lb) and the scrap cast iron fetches =A3130 a tonne. Prices peaked in April, provoking the wave of thefts".

rusty

Reply to
therustyone

I got £15 for 90kgs a few weeks ago.

2 radiators, and 2 builders bags full of old screws, car brake discs and other general steel/iron junk from my garden. Look here:

Light Iron is the term for general scrap. these prices are the wholesale price, so expect to get at least 20% less than that. Shop around too. My nearest scrappie was paying £1.20 for copper, yet the one I took it to eventually was paying £2.50/kg.

Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

They do have a value but it's not particulary high so making a special say 20 mile round trip for one small rad won't cover the fuel cost but if you have number of 'em ...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice