Sander to Vacuum connector

I have a Bosch PEX 300 AE Random Orbit Sander and I wish to connect it to my Henry vacuum cleaner. Any suggestions for a connector I can buy given the different dimensions of the hose and the connection on the sander. Looked on-line and can't find anything. Bosch were useless.

Are there any taper pipes anyone is aware of which could make "universal" connections

Reply to
Mike Younger

Its pretty possible with a hot air gin to shape a pre-existing tube a bit.

What diameter is the sander takeoff?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Axminster Power Tools do loads of them, tapers, stepped etc.

David Lang

28.4mm with a rubber ring of OD 31mm on it.
Reply to
Mike Younger

Wicked !! Just was I was looking for. Many thanks

Reply to
Mike Younger

I see from the page which Dave Lang posted you can buy exactly that:

A heat shrink sleeve available in three sizes that can simply be held in place and shrunk to size with a heat gun. The perfect solution for odd sized dust extraction outlets.

Thanks to both of you.

Reply to
Mike Younger

Google power tool vacuum pipes brings up 10s of suppliers of mainly stepped pipe adapters

alan_m

Have one. ~Found it a bit clumsy to use, beside standard vacuum hose is too big and heavy to work effectively. I bought a shop vacuum yonks ago whch c ame with two hoses and a power take off. The power tool hose is much lomger and narrower. I bought the Axminster attachment tp allow me use a standard vacuum in the work workshop but it was a p.i.t.a. Choked and coughed up th e ransom money demanded bu Festool for one of their machines.

Reply to
fred

I just use gaffer tape!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I found duct tape was better. After burning out the green bosch sander and the earlex vac I bought a blue bosch sander and a blue bosh vac and they don't need an adapter and they haven't burnt out yet. There is also no dust even when sanding walls.

Reply to
dennis

I've never had much luck using duct tape for this job. It soon falls off.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

It used to last a couple of hours, but its cheap.

Reply to
dennis

Perhaps it depends on the quality of the tape.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike