rubberised flooring

I am looking to source some rubberised flooring suitable for a bathroom. The stuff that i have in mind has a 'dimple' in it about every 3 inches on centre. I have spotted some like this in a few places but it seems to be very expensive. Does anyone have any idea of where i could get some at a reasonable cost? Oh, it has to be cream-ish in colour!

Thanks Gerry

Reply to
gerry mcallister

Find a nice council worker who does this type of thing!!..

Reply to
PhilÅ

Pictures of the flooring that i want are here:

per square m seems a bit much though!!!

Reply to
gerry mcallister

In article , gerry mcallister writes

sounds like Altro safety flooring, not cheap though, they are based in Welwyn Garden City, Herts

Reply to
.

I came very close to putting a lot of this in last year in a shower room and even though it was not in the shower cubicle the manufacturers would not recommend it as it became very slippery when walked on if it got wet. Sort of defeats the object if you ask me!

Reply to
TonyK

try dalsouple

Tom

Reply to
Tom W

rubber too?

M.

Reply to
Markus Splenius

Thats who I did try...

Reply to
TonyK

That is an industrial flooring and there is no such thing as industrial flooring at reasonable cost, unless you are comparing it to other industrial flooring. ISTR it usually comes in black grey red and blue, possibly green too. However, my experience of the tile version of this flooring is that it becomes slippery when wet, so it may not be a good choice for a bathroom.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

I thought this would be good to fit in my last kitchen but the company that I was trying to buy it from talked me out of it. They said that it would always look crap cos it is designed for use in places where there is someone on a sit-on washer/vacuum machine going round cleaning it the whole time. In a kitchen, crud would settle between the dimples and be a PITA to keep clean

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc |____|

01359 230642

Reply to
Anna Kettle

I used Unibond bathroom and shower sealant from the local shed. Expensive at 8 quid a go but it's so bloody waterproof it's v.difficult to smooth it after application 'cos it sticks to

*everything*. Flexible too, the only thing that broke it in our case was for some reason the shower tray managed to drop a few mm (don't ask why, I dunno yet!) and the stuff stretched and broke the grout on the surrounding tiles resulting in much leakage.....

The moral to this tale is if yer tray doesn't drop this stuff is good! IMO obviously.

cheers

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Ian White