rsj specification for hole in wall

Hello to all. I have an opening in a wall that is capped with an rsj. I don't know how old the work is and I do not suspect that it is unsafe, but I would like to check just for my own peace of mind.

Having exposed the rsj during some re-plastering, the only identifying marks I can see on it are "EXB 100 2700", printed in just that order. Is it possible to identify the manufacturer, load bearing capacity etc from this?

The span is about 2.4m and the rsj is sitting in a single brick thickness wall, extending about 8 or 9 inches into the wall either side of the opening.

Advice appreciated. Regards, Jim

Reply to
J Walsh

Might help if we knew the size of the RSJ and also what it is holding up.

Reply to
John Rumm