Roofing - colourcoat urban, Sarnafil, Alkor Draka 'ALKORPLAN' or Bauder THERMOFOL

We are looking at materials for our shallow pitch roof on our extension.

One suggestion is colourcoat urban from Corus (now Tata) - a metal sheet system. Another sugggestion is a membrane/felt. "Single Ply Roofiing Felt consider either Sarnafil, Alkor Draka 'ALKORPLAN' or Bauder THERMOFOL"

The felt only goes up to a 20 year guarantee and the metal sheet has a 40 year guarantee if fitted by an acredited installer.

Trying to find out costs at the moment (our original pricing was against a tile roof with a much steeper pitch) and I wondered if anyone had used any of these systems and if so what the result was and could any be recommended?

TIA

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

We are looking at materials for our shallow pitch roof on our extension.

I used Steadmans Meta-slate although they called it system 2000 when I bought it 5 years ago to roof my garage/workshop. It still looks good, and has been no bother.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Thanks - couple of things.

(1) I can't find anywhere stating the minimum roof slope. (2) There are bits about touching up the covering to avid corrosion - have you had to do any of that?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts