Roof light & vent

On another external building project ... large oak barn style building, this is open at front and one side.

Two requirements ... First looking for a roof window, want to put in 2 of these to put light in at the back, don't need to be able to open them, don't need them double glazed ... just fixed lights would do.

Anybody any suggestions ? ... paying for expensive Velux would seem a waste. (roof is pitched plain tiled )

Secondly wind lift is a concern, the building has 150mm square wood posts physically bolted to steel base plates on the concrete raft, and also steel straps holding down walls to floor. Due to large open front, I still have concern over wind lift (although structural Engr seems happy with bolts & straps)

I seem to recall that on some farm buildings they have what I can best describe as large upturned casserole dishes ... these lie flat under normal conditions, but if a positive pressure builds under the roof, they 'pop' and lift allowing over pressure of air to vent out.

Anybody know what these are called or where to get them ?

Reply to
Osprey

If you look round some of the reclaim yards, you may find some glass tiles. Theses are the same size as clay roof tiles. The glass tiles are flat with a nib bent over at the top. When you fit them you have to pack the lath to account for the camber of the ajoining clay tile.

Reply to
keith_765