Riverside Cottage 7

OK so all the plumbing apart from some microbore buried in the walls is stripped out. Radiators in fair order stacked on a pallet ready for scrap or?

Today's questions:-

What do people do with unwanted glass fibre insulation? Too chimbled up to sensibly re-use.

What was the consensus on mixing wire colours for alterations? Most of the existing (red/black) runs over timbers which the builders need to remove. I intend to isolate, coil back to the retained structure and label the circuits. A full re-wire is probably best but the existing might serve to pull in new stuff.

Does anyone have a use for a 22 year old, little used, gas fired Rayburn Royal cooker? (not CH)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

This reminds me of an ad in our local rag:

"Half a ton of rubble. Would make good hardcore. Buyer to collect."

People don't pay to place these ads, so they are often a tad over-optimistic.

Reply to
GB

People will often take such stuff away. I have never failed.

Reply to
harry

I suppose that it beats paying for it.

Anyway, what do you do with unreusable glassfibre insulation?

Reply to
GB

Dump. No one wants mouse crap and dust filled compacted glass wool.

Non issue if a wanring sign is affixed to the consumer unit.

A black Sharpie pen works super well on T+E cable.

Tim Watts

Bag it and bin it. More dangerous than radioactive waste.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

qsdgfqsfqsf

Reply to
bouafia010203

Nothing wrong with mixing colours - just put the appropriate warning notice at the CU that wiring colours are mixed, and use sleeving as appropriate (particularly on 2-way switch circuits).

Not personally, but sometimes they do seem to get good prices on ebay etc.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Bag it up and lob it in a skip...

No problem generally. The installation ought to have a sticker near the CU warning of mixed colours.

It they are in good condition there is no reason to not reuse them if they are in the right places.

Not personally.

Reply to
John Rumm

I'll bet harry disagrees with that::-)

Reply to
ARW

I'm sure he'll think the primary colours are red, yellow and blue!

Reply to
Fredxxx