Ring final circuits

I have 3 at present. One for the kitchen and two others but the other two serve not the ground and first floors but the North and South sides of the house.

Am I storing up trouble for some hapless professional electrician in the future by not sticking to the usual format. I could with some difficulty shift to floor based rings but the number of sockets and potential loads would then be nowhere near as equal.

The electricians guide doesn't touch on floors (only areas) but does suggest equal shares between circuits.

Question triggered by the supply of pre printed labels with my new consumer unit.

Reply to
Roger

No problem whatsoever. No need to change anything.

Indeed, my preference for lighting circuits is alternate rooms, so you've got a working light nearby when the MCB pops. With socket circuit, this isn't such a major advantage, but it isn't a problem.

Just call them 'A' and 'B', or even 'North' and 'South'.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

In message , Christian McArdle writes

I think somewhere by the CU I'd write a list of which rooms are on each circuit. Just to be sure.

Reply to
chris French

The message from chris French contains these words:

Currently listed as North Side and South Side.

The living room and 2 of the bedrooms are served by both N and S.

Reply to
Roger

It's a requirement of BS 7671 to do so - see reg. 514-09-01, or page 39 in the OSG.

Reply to
Andy Wade