Rexon site saw

B and Q have the 12 inch rexon site saw (which is massive, on wheels with extension table) at only 74 pounds, seems like a good buy to me.
MrCheerful

I've got a smaller Rexon chop saw, can't fault it for light commercial\heavy diy. I assume the heavier duty stuff will be of the same quality. ..
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.
MrCheerful wrote:

Having heard of this from a mate I thought 'wow what a bargain' until I had a closer look. Yes it's massive but the whole construction seems rather 'tiny'; especially of the rip fence which IIRC is clamped at only one end. I guess that the name suggests that it is intended for fairly crude operations - i.e. ripping timber quickly on a building site? - and this is not what I wanted from a table saw so didn't buy one. I also looked for a replacement blade and couldn't see one listed in B+Q.
Rgds Richard

The fence is one of the main limiting factors with this class of saw. Some of them have at least a clamp screw at the far end, although this does mean squaring the fence by hand each time.

Generally they are 30mm bore but may be 16mm or 5/8"
It is important to check availability.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl