Restoring a wooden trunk

I been given a wooden trunk - the type that you might take to boarding school. (Ithink this one has been further afield though - it has Bombay amongst other places stencilled on it - anyway I digress). The wood is in good condition but the metal banding which protects the edges has rusted.
Anyone know where a good source for this is? and perhaps for some metal corner protectors too?
TIA
Alex
malchick AT BritishTelecom Openworld DOT com (abbreviate company address to email)

http://www.bhi.co.uk/hints/spelter.htm Very interesting read Alex.
--
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com
Alex wrote:

Do you mean rusty, or rusted through? If the former I'd be tempted to try and restore using the existing metalwork rather than replace it with something which might not look right.
Nick
On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 07:28:52 +0100, Nick Nelson

Rusted through. And torn in places - imagine tea chest quality. I want to replace it with something more durable