Repairs to tarmac drive

Hello all,

At the front of my garage I have a fair sized area of red tarmac. Parts of this, where the wheels turn are starting to break up. Small bits of stone stick to the car tyres and get carried into the garage.

Is there anything I can apply to the surface to prevent further break up.

Regards....CC

Reply to
Crewood

The message from "Crewood" contains these words:

You could try steering while you're rolling instead of when stopped. That'd make a huge difference.

Reply to
Guy King

A resin binder (as used for decorative gravel drives) will seal the surface and prevent further degradation

dg

Reply to
dg

Hello DG,

Thanks for that, any idea where I could get the resin binder, brand names, stores?

Regards....CC

Reply to
Crewood

Certainly will. Before power steering was common place it was hard work steering without rolling, one just learnt that the least effort way was to steer when just moving. These days I guess many people have not driven a car without power steering so don't realise the stress that steering without moving places on the tyres, road surface and steering mechanism.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Try

or google for " resin driveways " or similar to find suppliers. IIRC a 25 litre drum is about =A330-40

dg

Reply to
dg