Removing tiles

Morning all, We are getting the bathroom replaced and the tiles now need removed to make room for new ones. I had asked the tiler if I could tile over them but he said I would be better removing them. So, what type of chisel/tool should I use and any recommended method. Thanks, WM

Reply to
wattie

I'm quite partial to a brick bolster

hammer

of course, safety glasses.

Should have the job done in no time flat.

Reply to
doozer

Comes up all the time: google this group: eg

Lobster

More fun with an SDS drill though. Successfully getting a whole run of tiles off in a single stroke makes ones day.

Reply to
Mike

I agree. SDS is the way forward for such jobs! Get a good wide chisel bit though.

Reply to
RayDavis

In article , RayDavis writes

If the walls are plasterboard, consider ripping the board off (tiles and all) and replacing it, because you will probably knacker it while removing the tiles.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell