Removing old tile adhesive

I finished the job of removing old tile adhesive today, using the excellent advice offered on this forum a short time ago about using a steam stripper. Certainly did the job well and a whole lot better than trying to sand the gubbins off.

It took the best part of the day though, in what one has to consider as being a small bathroom. If anyone's got any clues as to how to do this job quicker I'd be all ears for the next time I have to remove tile adhesive.

PoP

If you really must use the email address provided with my newsreader please be aware that the email is processed with spamcop. As a result your email to me might be treated as spam!

Reply to
PoP

My parents had their bathroom re-done recently. To lower the cost, my Dad elected to remove the old tiles himself, but struggled to get rid of the old adhesive. The guy he got in to do the tiling had a scraper that had a very sharp blade on it, like an over-sized old fashioned razor blade, which he just ran up the wall. It removed all the old adhesive in no time at all. My Dad was well impressed. I'm told such tools are available from most DIY stores, B&Q and the like.

Reply to
smb

You know, I bought one of these wide razor knives with a handle a few weeks ago for another job and it's in my garage. Didn't even think of using it!

Oh well, too late now. Better luck next time.