Removing grafitti from brick

Some graffiti has appeared on my garden wall. It looks like a "tag" and covers about 4 standard sized bricks. It looks as though it was sprayed on. It looks "sunshine yellow". The bricks are, er, ordinary looking reddish colour.

I have had a look at some websites including English Heritage

Has anyone here got any practical advice or tips?

Many thanks

Noz

Reply to
Nozza

I tried some of Screwfix's spray remover on my garage but it was a bit poor with it being pebbledash but I think it would be much better on brick.

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

Nitromoors and a pressure washer.

Dave

Reply to
Magician

If it's on public view, your local Council may remove it for you free, or provide a free kit for you do do it yourself (you may have to promise to do the rest of the neighbourhood too in the latter case :). They should have a graffiti hotline.

Chris

Reply to
chris_doran

Splash on some cheap cellolose thinners from car parts place ( few pounds for a gallon) and a wire brush. Easy!

Reply to
basil

Imagines the result of Nitromoors on pressure washers innards...

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Update

Following on from the useful replies here (plus a couple of emails), I contacted Dudley council on Thursday 31 March.

The cleaners have just been (Monday 9.30am). They slapped on some thinner, and then used the mother of all pressure/steam washers to utterly remove the graffiti.

Very impressed with the council. And with the advice here.

Thanks

Noz

Reply to
Nozza